Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eating Well



Thursdays this summer have quickly become one of my favorite days of the week - Veggie and Cheap Dinner Night! When I found out the CSA pick up day would be on Thursdays, I was a bit bummed that I wouldn't be spending those random (once a millennium as friends would say) Thursday night's out at Happy Hour, Bob's or some random thing at a random joint to then feel like utter shit Friday morning.

The routine goes like this - My best friend and I pick up our CSA veggies and then BF meets us or picks us up to have cheap dinner. Others tag along here and there. I've been trying to cut down on eating out but Thursday night dinners has been a nice relief from the expensive crap I'm forced to eat around the office for lunch. So last night we had Malaysian food for dinner at Flushing's Curry Leaf. We had so much food with leftovers for 5 people .. total cost $62!!!

Ok, now I feel bad because I won't be showing you photos from Curry Leaf but instead here is tonight's dinner. Tried to keep it light after the carbtastic week of noodles. Who am I kidding I used 5 tablespoons of butter!!

Pan Seared Tilapia w/Butter, Wine, Garlic, & Caper Sauce
paired with Basil Mashed Potatoes (They tasted like regular
mashed potatoes - basil wasted)



Tomato & Cucumber Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette

1 comment:

Yvo Sin said...

This sounds weird but I find I'm surprised by your "diet"/what you eat... I expected more Asian dishes for some reason? Something you said to me over dinner... ah well.