Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quick & Hearty

Tonight's dinner apres laundry continues my summer fling with pasta. I finally took the plunge and bought a block of Parmesan cheese. No more eating pasta in sin with the bottled, powder crap from Kraft. Yes, more leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Campanelle with Italian Sausage & Swiss Chard



The recipe was adapted from here. However I had campanelle instead of orecchiette, swiss chard instead of kale, used cipollini onions because that was all I had & used pasta water instead of white wine. Ok, so half my ingredients were not the same but I'm still trying to incorporate different types of pasta dishes into my diet. What I love about pasta dishes is that you can improv with that you have in your fridge for the day. The BF could eat my spicy garlic/veggie/shrimp linguine all the time but how fun would that be?

2 comments:

Yvo Sin said...

You will never go back, I promise!!! *drool* That stuff is the bombs! Funny, I had sausage last night too :)

We Are Never Full said...

Hi!! Thank you so much for using our recipe as inspiration for your own! In fact, I almost cried when I heard you told the crappy fake "parmesean" to take a hike and invested in the real parmigiano reggiano!! Yes, it's expensive, but the flavor is much better and stronger so you don't need to use as much. I hope you love it and never go back to the old stuff! Congrats!