Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Love Eggplant!

Not really.. I actually detest the damn thing. We received eggplant in our CSA box a couple weeks ago and I attempted to grill it on my grill pan. Olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes.. it turned out pretty good. Just not for me yuck! So we found eggplant in the CSA box again last week and so for dinner during the week I tried dishing it up Asian style with ground pork and some sauce. Wow, eggplant never tasted SO good. It wasn't mushy at all and packed great flavor courtesy of soy sauce, chinese rice wine, and chicken broth. Will mostly make this again if I'm in the mood.

Fish Flavored Eggplant adapted from here - though there was nothing fishy about this dish.



Pan Grilled Salmon

1 comment:

Yvo Sin said...

Mmm, I've been thinking about salmon lately... I saw a recipe recently, cornmeal crusted mango glazed... I want to try it :)
(I'm allergic to eggplant, so no comment)