Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Fare

I got these adorable mini purple potatoes in my CSA box this week. Threw em together with the other red potatoes to make a potato salad.



A good, stinky belachan dish starts out with these - dried shrimp and belachan paste.



Okra Belachan - I hate this slimy vegetable but my BF seems to love it so I was nice enough to pick up some at the Farmer's Market. I get to munch on the dried shrimp bits as reward for my kindness.



Pan-Fried Chicken Wings - a household favorite paired with the potato salad.



Vietnamese Beef Cubes satisfied a long overdue craving (taken from here - used arugula in lieu of watercress) Those are cherry tomatoes and not egg yolks.

1 comment:

Yvo Sin said...

When are you going to invite me over for dinner... I am a very good guest, I always bring wine? hehe