Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Healing

I've been lazy again.. but for good reason. It's almost been two weeks but I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out. Oh, how brave I thought I was. The surgery was cake, but the aftermath was utter torture. I'm a lot better now than I was last week but still cautious of what & how I eat. I haven't eaten foods like rice or corn, both foods I love, for fear they would get stuck in my holes. Ok, before this post becomes TMI...

BFF and I purchased a 20lb box of tomatoes through our CSA and spent a fun day (the next day after my surgery) making tomato sauce to pack in our freezer for a rainy, lazy day. Disclaimer: I'm not too fond of red sauce pasta as I'm more of a garlic and oil kinda gal. We used this recipe from Chez Pim for one batch and cooked down the second batch longer with some additional herbs.



Breakfast courtesy of hun. He makes better home fries than me and should be cooking more often me thinks.



One of my very good friends got married last weekend. After a week of neglect to my stomach I said F my surgery and ate everything in sight but I tell you my mouth made me pay all night. As with most Chinese Banquets, dinner is about a 7-10 course meal with TONS of leftovers at the end of the night. Figured I would take them home and re purpose the dishes.

What to do with the plain leftover noodles? Refry them with aromatics (garlic & scallions), meat (cured pork belly) & add a veggie (frozen peas then topped with scallions)



Leftover fried whole chicken? Strip the meat and throw it into a pasta. Looks gross but it was one of the best tasting pasta dishes I've made so far and there were enough leftovers for 2 days worth of lunch. Recipe Adapted from here.



Now that I'm healing and not suffering from chewing, the cooking has commenced again - my BF rejoices.

Tonight: Sauteed Baby Bok Choy w. Garlic



Creamy, Garlic Mashed Potatoes w. Chives



Ahh, I miss fish



Simple Grilled Fatty Salmon

1 comment:

Yvo Sin said...

Ack! Glad to see you back though. D'ya know, I haven't been to any Chinese banquet weddings in over 10 years and probably won't go to many in the next 10, either? Yup... interesting tidbit. And your pasta does NOT look gross! Yum yum yum...